10/09/2010

Koran/Chinese quality

A while ago I received a mail from someone, who apparently wanted to offer her services to potential clients. I am definitely not one of the smartest persons and similarly not the world's best translator, but I believe the "quality" offered here is MUCH too close to "Chinese quality" than can be tolerated. At least, if someone is looking for acceptable, or possibly even good translation. Please form your own opinion:

"Freelance Translator from Beijing
Dear Sirs,
I am a freelance translator with more than ten years experiences.
I am a Korean but leave in China with my husband who is a Chinese.
So I can do English<>Chinese<>Korean natively.I can use Trados
myself.The rate is 0.08-0.12USD per word,extra 30% fee if use Trados.
First cooperation, I can provide a free testing. If need, I can send you my CV."


Expecting a translation of "native quality" seems to be an illusion at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment