2/20/2014

Classic fraud

Today I got following message:
"AS A TEST FOR QUALIFYING CANDIDATE, PLEASE TRANSLATE THE ATTACHED FILE AND SEND IT BACK TO ME.
REGARDS
ARIJEET"

from mail address: transactmaster@gmail.com
(free mail ... naturally ...)

and I sent that person the following answer:
The classic scheme of fraud!!!
YOU do not identify yourself, don't give any contact details, do not specify anything regarding the "potential" work, ...
BUT
want to have translation work done for free.

I am sure you do not mind, when I warn my fellow translators.
Thomas Blasejewicz

And that is precisely what I am doing here.
Unless that person provides some credible identification, PLEASE be careful!
The chances of an attempt at fraud are 180%

Response from friendly Mr. Arijeet:
Hello Thomas,

I am sure, you do not receive any job from your clients. If you speak to a client so rude in first time conversations, how can one think of getting a job done by you. And stop using defamatory languages towards your clients. And samples are needed to examine the quality of the translation by the translator and not for your cheap and f..king comments.

If you had any guts there in your a.s , then you should had done a passage from the sample file rather than translating the whole file. Then also I might have examined your quality.

Also try to speak to your clients softly for the first time rather than accusing them rudely.

Your well wisher
Arijeet

to which I took the liberty of answering (since I had the time today ...):
Thank you for your wise words.
Aparently you still are not inclined to identify yourself.
A net search I made just for the fun of it, shows no such company as "transactmaster"  (derived from your email address).
And you send me your stuff from a free mail address. How trustworthy!

Since you are not a client of mine and I am not an employee of yours ... there is nothing to worry.
You may rest assured that my correspondence with PROPER BUSINESS entities is polite and professional.
And so is the correspondence from such PROPER BUSINESS entities.

Samples? Since you found my name and other contact information somewhere (you sent your mail to my website account!), you DO HAVE access to over 20 pages worth of "samples" I made publicly available right there.
Having a look was too troublesome?

I am sure, you will find better qualified personnel that does not complain without any trouble at all.

Thomas Blasejewicz
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment