7/31/2013

Identity theft


This is the first time, it has concretely pointed out to me.
Two days ago I received a mail from a translation agency in Germany, for which I occasionally work. They asked me, whether a job application from someone describing him(her?)self with text portions from my public (multiple translator sites) profile actually came from me.

NO, it did not!
Somebody has set up a gmail address with my name:
blasejewicz1979@gmail.com
and offered his (her?) services to that translation agency.
THAT is impersonation, or identity theft.
The person is question is a thief = criminal!
If anybody comes across the above mail address ... you are dealing with a criminal.

When I searched the help section of Google, I only found, that THEY cannot (and will not) do anything about this and was referred to
https://complaint.ic3.gov/
Internet Crime Complaint Center

There I DID file a complaint about identity theft.
Although I do not expect anything to happen ...

According to that translation agency, this (fraudulent applications etc.) is SO frequent, that they do not do anything about it.
Probably you cannot do anything about it.

This sheds some very interesting light on the integrity and health of the human race!

No comments:

Post a Comment