1/17/2013

Chinese communication skills ...

This evening I got an email:

"Hi,
Now we have some documents about angel grinder need to be translated from English into German.please let me know your offer.thanks.
The documents are in the attachment,please check it."


The address showed, this came from China. I later checked ... there actually IS a translation company that would match the mail address (http://www.qctrans.com/), but ...

No self-introduction, no name, no contact information, nothing.
Naturally, no "proper" addressing of a potential service provider.
Since I have never worked for those people, I think it would be only "proper" or "normal" to address me as "Mr. Blasejewicz". Since THEY found me, this information must have been available to them.
Or, am I too old-fashioned???

Somehow I have difficulties imagining me attending a party and addressing the president of a company I have not yet had any contact with like:
"Hi, how cheap can you sell me your stuff?"

Or is this how people deal with each other these days?
If not ... these Chinese people have serious communication troubles.

PS: I told them my rate. Naturally I never got an answer to that. How surprising.
But living in Japan I cannot afford to work for Chinese peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment