3/24/2015

Ever wondered why???

I got this via one of the many translator sites I am registered at:

"Hi,
We need German to Japanese translators urgently.
Pls send your resume to anithagomathy@gmail.com ASAP.
From: anitha gomathy / India / Company: Aabheri Transco"

I did contact the lady and said, I do Japanese-German translations (the post said: German<->Japanese).
She sent me the file to have a look at and wrote:

"Please let me know if you are available for the attached job.
Language Pair: DE<>Japanese
Please deliver the project by Tuesday morning (THAT would be the following day!) 11 AM IST (24-03-2014).
Payment: 140 USD total in 25 days via PayPal"

File size: 4964 words. = 0.028/word
appr. 31 pages worth of translation, to be done in (less than) one day.
The file shows, that CAT tools will NOT be of much help.
I use "160 words/page" as a rough yardstick for technical translations.
Such a page would be 3.2 USD.

OK. Everybody who wishes to work through the night in super high speed for 3 USD per page raise your hands.
No one? Funny.
Actually, this lady posted - and keeps on posting; she seems to be getting desparate -
this job on just about ALL translator sites I know of,
but apparently nowhere anybody has responded (the counter always says "0 bids").

Strange, isn't it?
I wonder whether that Indian lady ever wonders why nobody is offering her any help ...

1 comment:

  1. Look at Anitha Gomathy’s profile on ProZ... She claims to know all those languages, but she actually just hires many translators and then delivers the job, claiming that it’s hers. That’s why she charges such low prices! I wrote to her in German and she kept replying in English. Then I wrote to her in Italian, making sure that the text couldn’t be inputted into Google Translate, and she wasn’t able to reply, although she herself had claimed that she could speak Italian!

    ReplyDelete