12/27/2012

Gracious!


This is not the first time and definitely will not be the last.
I get translation job nofifications through various translator sites. Wording and conditions are very diverse, but there is ALWAYS a certain portion of job posters assuming a nobleman attitude that I personally find very annoying.

These people/companies are looking for personnell = people who can do some sort of highly specialized work. As such translators are experts - and the translators I know are proud of their skills.

Even though the job poster is ASKING for help, so that a little "please" somewhere might not be such a bad idea, it said in one of the job offers this morning:
"You may send your resume ..."

To me that sounds like: "You may now kiss my feet. And feel honored to be allowed to do so."

If this were coming from a country where people are not (yet) fully accustomed to use English, I would not complain. But this add was posted by an American company. That company is graciously allowing you to send your resume.
Wonderful.

Am I the only one, who thinks, this is a strange attitude???

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment